The Data Science Institute is helping to weave data science research into the fabric of the university and connect with our peer universities, not-for-profit organizations, and corporate partners.
One way we see this happening is by bringing researchers at all levels together around similar thematic areas like data types and data science methods. We also build community with stakeholders outside the university, students, faculty, non-profits, and industrial partners through sponsored research, social good programs, and exchanges.
- Women in Data Science (WiDS) - a global movement started at Stanford/ICME to "inspire and educate data scientists worldwide, regardless of gender, and to support women in the field"
- Center on Open and Reproducible Science (CORES) - focused on developing and nurturing transparency and reproducibility in the collection, analysis, and dissemination of data across all domains of scientific activity.
- Stanford Causal Science Center (SC²) - focused on providing an interdisciplinary community for scholars interested in causality and causal inference.
- COVID-19 Data Forum, a series of multidisciplinary, online meetings for topic experts to focus on data-related aspects of the scientific response to the pandemic, including data access and sharing, essential data resources for analysis, and how we can best support decision making.
- NSF Frameworks grant 2019 - 2021: Data Science Collaboratory, weekly meeting in Wallenberg, Wednesdays 3pm.
Data-Driven Wildland Fire Research Seminar Series: a weekly series of talks with discussions from Stanford faculty, researchers, and Ph.D. students on the intersection of wildland fire research and data science. Mondays 12:30pm.
Stanford Data Science Initiative’s Corporate Affiliates Program
Social Good and other not-for-profit stakeholders
- Data Science for Social Good
- Summer extension of the Stanford Big Earth Hackathon on Widland Fires
- Planning underway for Data Science capstone courses at Stanford. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to help!
Promote your data science event
Data Science is practiced across campus, with workshops, research, and other events happening all the time. We are happy to help promote your data science event, please drop us a line at email@example.com to share.