Stanford Data Science connects departments, schools, and programs from all areas of campus to provide diverse data science educational opportunities at the undergraduate, graduate, and professional levels.
We are helping to build new course offerings for the Stanford community.
If interested in learning more, or helping in the development of these offerings, please contact one of the cognizant faculty below:
- Data Science Capstone: Chiara Sabatti, David Lobell, Stephen Boyd, Elaine Treharne, Balasubramanian (Naras) Narasimhan, Dan Jurafsky, Ben Stenhaug (Graduate Student in GSE)
- Data Literacy: Stephen Boyd, Elaine Treharne, Balasubramanian (Naras) Narasimhan, Jef Karel Caers, David Lobell, Chiara Sabatti, Margot Gerritsen, Russ Poldrack, Dan Jurafsky
- Computing for Data Science: (first seminar offered Spring 2021: Stats 352): John Chambers, Balasubramanian (Naras) Narasimhan
Stanford offers a variety of data science educational opportunities for undergraduate and graduate students, including introductory workshops, undergraduate and master's programs with strong data science components, PhD programs with data science emphases, and training programs. Below is an unordered and partial listing of educational offerings at Stanford. Please send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org to add to this list.
- ICME (Institute for Computational and Mathematical Engineering)
- Statistics: many data science related courses and (masters) or (minor)
- Computer Science: many data science related courses and (masters tracks in AI) or (information management and analytics)
- Department of Biomedical Data Science
- Biomedical Informatics Program
- Biomedical Informatics Research (BMIR) Research Colloquium
- Major in Mathematical and Computational Science (MCS)
- Management Science and Engineering (MS&E)
- School or Earth Data Science offerings
- SCPD (Stanford Center for Professional Development)
- Foundations for Data Science Certificate program
- Summer intensive on data science
Informal Training, “on-ramps” to data science
For workshops from the Data Science Institute, please see our Community page