Women in Data Science
WiDS Worldwide elevates and empowers women in the field of data science, fostering respect, collaboration and visibility. We provide free global access to programs and resources that inspire, educate and support. Through WiDS Worldwide, vibrant voices and ideas are shared with the world and women from all around the globe can connect.
WiDS started as a one-day technical conference at Stanford in November 2015. Eight years later, WiDS is a global movement that includes a number of worldwide initiatives:
- A conference with 200+ regional events worldwide in more than 60 countries, reaching 100,000 participants annually online and in person.
- A datathon, encouraging participants to hone their skills using a social impact challenge.
- A podcast series, featuring data science leaders from around the world talking about their work, their journeys, and lessons learned along the way
- An education outreach program to encourage secondary school students to consider careers in data science, artificial intelligence (AI), and related fields.
On March 8, 2023, the next Women in Data Science (WiDS) Worldwide conference will launch in person at Stanford. Th conference will feature keynote addresses, technical talks, panel discussions and networking with thought leaders around the world, from academia, industry, non-profit, and government.
Register and get more details here: https://www.widsconference.org
- Professor of Energy Resources Engineering, Emerita
- Co-Director, Women in Data Science